Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 6 BOC: Me Editing Photos

Some photographers dread editing, but I love it. When I have a successful photo session, I can't wait to come home, grab a glass of wine, and really get to work. Lately, however, photo editing has been a logistical challenge for me. We are in the middle of moving, and my precious iMac now lives on the floor, instead of being mounted to the wall. So, I lay on the floor, usually with my dog to my right and my cat to my left. It could be a lot worse, but I am looking forward to being able to unpack in our new home. 

I use several different kinds of photo-editing software, based on what I am doing. If it's just basic editing, I tend to use Apple's Aperture program. This is also where I keep my library of photos. Apple recently decided to stop updating Aperture though, so I will eventually have to move over to Adobe Lightroom. As far as I know, the two are pretty similar. I am slowing starting that transition now, but it will probably be another year before I have completely switched over. Of course, I also use Adobe Photoshop when I need to do "deep surgery" as I call it. But that's usually only about 10% of the time. 

So there you have it. My workflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment