Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week 5 BOC: Camera Store


I wish that Las Vegas had more camera stores, because I am usually forced to buy my gear online. This week, we were asked to take a photo of ourselves in a camera store. I chose Target (I know...boring). However, it got me thinking: what are the best camera shops in town? Here's what I found after a little research as well as personal experience: 


B&C Camera:
4511 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV
(702) 871-1100 

1550 E Tropicana Ave

Las Vegas, NV
(702) 736-0890
https://store.bandccamera.com/
I have ventured to B&C Camera a few times and appreciated them, but wished they were a little closer. From my experience, these guys are great with camera repair. They are very knowledgable and helpful. HOWEVER, they are a bit overpriced. I don't usually buy lenses from them. They do offer classes and workshops though. 
Fry's Electronics:
6845 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89115
Phone number(702) 932-1400
I refuse to go here. They never have what I want, their customer service is terrible, and their experts always look at me like I have two heads when I ask them simple questions. 

Las Vegas Camera Club: 
1017 S 1st St
Ste 185
Las VegasNV 89101
http://lasvegascameraclub.com/
Specializes in Poloriod and film products. This is a highly specialized store in the heart of downtown. Unless I want to take a stroll down memory lane and get a working Poloroid camera, I don't think I will be going here anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment